Sonography, or ultrasound, utilizes high frequency sound waves to obtain diagnostic images. Ultrasound imaging is used to evaluate many parts of the body, including the abdomen, blood vessels, fetus in pregnant women, superficial body structures, and newborn brain etc.
Ultrasonography enables to detect and investigate:
- Diseases of the abdominal cavity in early stages
- Tumors of uterus and ovaries and abnormalities of reproductive organs
- Small part sonography like Scrotal , orbit , thyroid, neck ,breast and musculoskeletal
- Maturation of eggs and changes of endometrium in different stages of menstrual cycle
- Early pregnancy, including entopic pregnancy
- Development of fetuses and possible malformations of fetuses
- Position of the fetus, position of the placenta in the uterus and changes in it. It is also possible to estimate the quantity of amniotic fluid, evaluate heart function
- Breathing movements of the fetus.
How Unborn Babies Grow
To See Click Here
- 1. Gall Bladder
- : Fasting is required
- 2. Abd+Pelvis, KUB+Prostate
- : Full Bladder
- 3. Ist Trimester Pregnancy
- : Full Bladder
REQUIREMENT OF TEST
LimitationUltrasound waves cannot penetrate air & bone and hence sonography has limited applications in regions like the skull and chest.
Real time live 3D (4D) Sonography provides a three-dimensional view of the fetus in motion and is one of the most important modern innovations in the field of Ultrasound.
The clear view of the fetus from all angles allows doctors to detect any congenital abnormalities at an early stage and chart a course for corrective measures at an early and preventable stage. The image quality is so clear and sharp that one can get a fairly accurate impression of how the baby’s features will look upon birth.
At Agrawal Diagnostic Center all our sonography suites are equipped with high-end LCD screens to allow the expectant mother to view the baby growing inside her in the course of her pregnancy. One can view the baby yawning, sucking its thumb, kicking its feet, and moving its hands. We also provide all pregnancy sonography patients with a collection of video clips and images of the unborn child to create a lifelong memory for the mother and the child!
Real time live 3D (4D) Sonography also provides a three-dimensional view of gall bladder , Uterus and mass lesion in the abdominal cavity which will provide us extract volume of the lesion and congenital abnormality of the uterus.